Enhance your steak experience with a classic accompaniment. The Hussar Grill shares its creamy and rich Pepper Sauce recipe that is guaranteed to pep up a home-cooked steak. Enjoy The Hussar Grill Pepper Sauce on the side or serve it atop a choice cut of grilled meat, such as Sirloin, Fillet, Rump or Ribeye.
50 g Butter
10 ml Cracked black peppercorns (from above)
15 ml Treacle sugar (or dark brown sugar)
30 ml Brandy
65 ml Port or red wine
150 ml Stock (beef or vegetable)
160 ml Cream
A pinch of salt
1. Melt the butter, add the treacle sugar, allow to brown lightly.
2. Add the crushed pepper, then the brandy and flambé.
3. Remove from the heat until the flames have died down.
4. Add the port/red wine and reduce until almost evaporated away.
5. Add the stock and reduce by ¾.
6. Add the cream and reduce again until thickened.
- 7. Season with salt and set a side until the steak is cooked.
For more information on The Hussar Grill, please visit www.hussargrill.co.za. To book a table at The Hussar Grill – where every meal is a masterclass – please use the Dineplan App, available via the App Store and Google Play.
Follow The Hussar Grill:
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thehussargrill/ @TheHussarGrill
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/thehussargrill @TheHussarGrill
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thehussargrill/ #TheHussarGrill